Are you looking to join a dynamic organization with a rewarding career in a fast-paced, energetic environment with a reputation for delivering excellent customer service?
We have an opening for an experienced Driver Manager at our Oak Creek, WI location.
Come and work for a company with over 45 years in the transportation industry and plan transportation assignments for a core group of Drivers.
- Load plan and distribute the transportation/load assignments for a core group of drivers; ensure all information on the load assignments are correct before sending to the Driver; ensuring each truck load generates maximum revenue.
- Plan trailers making sure the trailer type does not create extra special requirements.
- Assemble and distribute freight according to driver availability and location; and according to the driver qualifications approved by Risk Management.
- Communicate with Account Managers regarding loading and unloading demurrage or additional charges.
- Meet service requirements of the customer by coordinating pickup and delivery of shipments.
- Call all pick-up and delivery contacts to set up/verify appointments.
- Report problems or issues to appropriate departments as soon as they become evident.
- Prepare driver trip envelopes and distribute accordingly.
- Responsible for downloading and viewing before and after freight securement photos per policy received from the driver.
- Manage each load for the duration of the trip by performing multiple checks with the driver through Qualcomm or phone calls.
- Keep equipment such as tractors and trailers inventoried accurately in the computer system including trailer location.
- Review permits for accuracy and coordinate escorts for drivers as required with permit department and file accordingly.
- Provide information to Safety/HR in regard to Driver log violations, safety issues, and performance reviews.
- One year of experience in working in an office/administrative environment.
- Interpersonal skills; professional in the work environment.
- Problem solving skills; and the ability to multi-task.
- Organizational skills; ability to meet or exceed deadlines.
- Critical and creative thinker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret road maps.
- Basic PC skills to include: MS Office software; Excel and Word. Comfortable learning new computer programs.
We offer an exciting, challenging and rewarding career with an excellent compensation plan and benefits.